Kit contains laser cut frames and false keel. Double planked in beech and walnut. Most fittings are cast white metal, blocks, dead-eyes and belaying pins are walnut.
The first Lemster barges were built in 1876 in the “Gebr. De Boer” shipyard in Lemmer, Friesland. The Lemster barge was originally a fishing vessel for use on the northern part of the still open Zuiderzee, where very foul seas often developed during wind against the tide. Therefore the ship was designed to be very seaworthy and she had very good sailing capabilities. These properties and her flowing lines make the Lemster barge one of the best and most beautiful Dutch round sailing yachts.