The Flyer 91 Cubic Inch Class Racing Hydroplane Series was introduced in the early 1930's. At only thirteen and a half feet long, it was the smallest of the inboard hydroplane racing classes. Powered by a Gray Blue Streak Jr. 91.5 cubic inch engine, Flyers attained speeds in excess of 45 mph. A perfect combination of speed, control and beauty, these boats found favor with the general public as fast runabouts. Miss Adventure represents one of the many Flyer Class race boats built throughout the US.
Model Shipways Miss Adventure kit reproduces every feature of a flyer class mahogany racing boat in authentic detail. You'll assemble your model according to the plank-on-frame construction methods used on the original boats. Laser cut basswood parts make building easy. High quality mahogany planking strips provide a beautiful finish.
Photo-etched instrument panel and perfectly scaled nickel plated Britannia metal fittings add life-like detail.
- Historically accurate and perfectly scaled
- Authentic plank-on-bulkhead construction in laser cut basswood
- High quality mahogany planking strips
- Precision-cast Britannia metal & photo-etched brass fittings
- Electic motor and running hardware
- Illustrated step-by-step instruction manual