New Model Shipways Shipwrights Series!
A great introduction to model ship building. This is the first boat in a series of progressive model tutorials!
Includes all the tools you need to complete the model!
Dories were developed on the East Coast in the 1800’s and were descendants of the French settlers’ bateaux of the 17th and 18th centuries. They were used extensively for fishing and lobstering, since they were easy and inexpensive to build and maintain.
- Historically accurate, highly detailed wood model
- True plank-on-frame construction
- Laser cut basswood parts for easy construction
- Detailed plans and illustrated instruction manual
- Wooden display base included
Clamps, tweezers, hobby knife, blades, saw blade, chisel blade, sandpaper, paint brushes, paint & glue.
Instructions and prototype model by David Antscherl
- Length: 10”
- Width 3”
- Height 1-1/2”
- Scale: 1:24 (1/2”=1 foot)
- Skill level 1