Guns Of History Napoleon Cannon 12-lbr 1:16 Scale
by Guns Of History • Wood & Metal Kit
1:16 SCALE U.S. CIVIL WAR NAPOLEON CANNON, MODEL 1857, 12-POUNDER
Developed in France for Emperor Napoleon III in the 1850s, the bronze smoothbore 12-pounder became the most popular gun of the American Civil War. The Napoleon was light enough to be easily maneuverable and heavy enough to destroy field fortifications almost a mile away.
Firing solid shot, spherical case and canister, the Napoleon Cannon was also extremely versatile. By mid-1863 nearly 40% of all field artillery pieces of each army were Napoleons. The Union had over 1,000 Napoleon Cannons in its arsenal and the Confederacy over 600.
• Historically accurate and perfectly scaled
• Cleanly cast Britannia metal components
• Authentically detailed cannon barrel
• Realistic spoked wooden wheels
• Clearly written illustrated instructions
• Easy to build - assembly and painting time 5-10 hours
Guns Of History Kit No. MS4003
Model length 8-1/4" / width 4" / height 3-1/2" / Scale 1:16
Difficulty Level: Entry Level