HOOK & LADDER WAGON
1:12 Scale Wood & Metal Kit
American building grew taller, many people perished in fires because of inadequate ladders. It became obvious that taller ladders were needed. Soon, the hook & ladder with tall mechanically powered ladders was developed. Its primary purpose was more a matter of rescue than extinguishing the fire.
Although this 1890 wagon was a transitional design with two rings on the rope handle to engage a hitch for a horse, it was hand pulled. The horse came after the fire house had enough money to buy one.
- Historically accurate, highly detailed wood & metal model
- Plans taken from an 1890 hook & ladder wagon on display at the Wayne County Historical Society, Ohio
- Laser cut basswood & precision cast Britannia metal parts
- Spoked wooden wheels with metal hubs
- 4 sheets of clearly drawn plans
- 44 page illustrated instruction manual
Height: 25" with ladder extended
Model Trailways Kit No. MS6007
Design, plans & prototype model by Ken Foran